"Time Travel Town" Zone 01 - The Garden

Alright, back to the pixel art and actual creation of the temple/town zones! This time we're working our way upwards from that house I added most recently on the east side of Zone 01.. :)

The next part of this area is a little garden, which won't really be that interesting in the Past, but will serve as a place for enemies to roam in the Present (where most of the garden will be demolished, so don't worry about enemies hiding behind trees, etc). 


Original Sketch

The finished garden!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments:

  1. That looks lovely. :)

    May I make a completely unnecessary suggestion, though? It would look beautiful if the cherryblossom trees were animated to have petals occasionally drifting down from them into a peppered wreath of them around the base of the trees.

    http://blog.japanize.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/sakura_collection_2.jpg I love the look of scattered cherryblossom petals. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I'll pass it on to our animator so he can get to work on it once we implement this area :)

      Delete
  2. I really love to watch the vidoes and watch your workflow. I never really tried my hand at pixelart or mapping but watching you really makes me wanna try :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely give it a go, it's a lot of fun :D

      Delete